If only it was more widely understood how crucial DRINKING water is to our health. One of the most important things one can do to cleanse and fuel their body is to drink WATER! Most illnesses and emotional and physical issues can be improved with simply consuming enough water.
Why? Consider these points – Water:
- transports nutrients, hormones, chemical messengers throughout the body
- regulates body temperature
- dilutes toxins and waste matter, and helps transport them out of the body
- acts as a solvent- dissolves excess fat in bloodstream
- protects inner organs
- keeps joints lubricated
- keeps us mentally alert, since water has a hight conductivity, allowing the firing of our neurons
Can’t stand the taste of water? Feel like drowning with just one glass? Start where you can! Here are some alternative ways to consume your needed water:
- herbal/caffeine-free teas
- coconut juice/water
- high in electrolytes and refreshing!
- vegetable broths
- make sure there are no MSG or additives
- vegetable juice/ freshly juiced veggies
- raw vegetables
- especially ones high in water content and neutral pH such as cucumbers and celery
- homemade/sugar-free lemonade
- homemade means do not add white processed sugar! Try using agave or stevia instead.
Ideally one needs about half their body weight in ounces of water. And just because you don’t feel thirsty, doesn’t mean your body doesn’t need water. It is said that by the time you feel thirst, your body has already dropped below its needed threshold. And, because the body is so wise, if you normally don’t drink a lot of water, your body remembers this and will stop alerting you when it is thirsty. Simply pay attention to the signs!
- dry skin
- low energy
- mental fogginess
- hunger is sometimes a sign that you’re really thirsty!
- dark colored urine- a well hydrated body has colorless and odorless urine
Want more insight into the powerful properties of water? Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, MD provides a website ( www.watercure.com) and many books on the subject.