1/8 cup unrefined raw coconut oil
1/4 cup raw organic coconut cream
1/3-1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup raw agave nectar or raw honey
1/8 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water if it is too thick.
- Shape into candies using any of the following methods.
- Pour into molds, candy foils, or onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Add nuts, nut butters or shredded coconut if desired.
- Place mixture in a pastry bag and refrigerate for 10 minutes then squeeze out into desired shapes onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Make nut butter cups by squeezing a small amount of chocolate into candy foil or onto wax paper, then putting a dollop of almond or cashew butter, covering the nut butter with chocolate.
- Make “mounds” bars by sweeping shredded coconut with agave and layering with chocolate as in the precious step.
- Make nut clusters or chocolate covered nuts by laying nuts in candy foil or on wax paper and squeezing chocolate over them.
- Make chocolate kisses and other shapes using a variety of pastry tips.
- Make truffles and roll in nuts
*compliments of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, DC, MS, CCN, DACBN