There have been a few requests for my menu plan while I have been on this special diet. So, I will do my best to chronicle my meals here. Any recipes not linked to menu, I will get around to posting, eventually!
All meals are dairy free, no processed flours, minimal to no meat, no sugar or sweetners (except Stevia), no vinegar, and minimal fruits.
Please keep in mind that I generally eat more calories than what is presented here. Snacks are a necessity for me, as I eat small portions. However, I did not include my snacks in these menus.
B: Leftovers: quinoa, curry in coconut milk, chard, chicken
L: Salad- arugula, bell pepper, yellow tomato, avocado, lemon, olive oil, grated turnip, red onion
D: Dined out- Rabbit!
Traveling in New York and at the mercy of what my guests have in their apartment today.
- Raw turnip slices dipped in hummus
- Salad: lettuce, avocado, lemon, kidney beans, olive oil, sea salt
- Chicken with rosemary
- sweet potato
- fried egg
- oatmeal with flaxseed meal
- cauliflower-onion soup
- salad with avocado, yellow bell pepper, olive oil, and lemon
- brussel sprouts
- rock cod topped with onion and almond-sesame-garlic crust
- millet with onion
- Leftover millet and onion.
- Kale cooked with lemon juice and seasoned with Herbamare.
- leftover cauliflower-onion soup
- leftover brussel sprouts
- lettuce salad
- butternut squash, pinto beans w/ cumin and oregano, cashew and sunflower seed cheese
- oatmeal, 1 small apple, and cinnamon cooked. Topped with homemade walnut milk.
- Leftover millet patties with fresh avocado
- Leftover cucumber and hijike salad
- Zucchini Lasagna (made with sliced zucchini as noodles and a pimiento-cashew cheese…super easy to make and delicious!)
- Mixed salad: Lettuce, green cabbage, shredded carrots, thinly sliced red onions
- Would be great with balsamic vinegar drizzled over it!
Thought I’d try something different this morning…since I had leftover zucchini slices from last night…and it was surprisingly delicious!
- 2 poached eggs and pan seared zucchini slices in olive oil and lemon juice. Whole plate sprinkled with Herbamare (sea salt-herb mix)
- zucchini lasagna leftovers
- Salad: cucumber and red leaf lettuce
- Cheese-less taco salad: Lettuce, cabbage, bell pepper, lemon pieces (finely chopped), avocado, black beans, black olives, salsa.
B: An alternative to oatmeal:
- Millet and peaches.
L: On the road. Not my best lunch…
- a green odwalla that I couldn’t finish because it was too sweet for me!
- hard boiled egg.
D: I basically made 3 different dinners. I would have stopped at #1, but I have other people to feed besides me, and the first experiment was awful! I could barely finish it!
- Crab tacos! Crab meat, pimiento-cashew cheese, and corn tortillas.
- Side salad
- Green smoothie! Walnut nut-milk (homemade), frozen fruit, chlorella, flax seed, ground vanilla, cinnamon, and water!
L: Clean out the fridge day. Leftovers thrown together over a bed of lettuce.
- Lentil-Chard Soup
- side salad
- leftover Lentil-Chard soup
L: I generally don’t recommend meat on a detox diet, because it is hard on the digestive system. However, if you are a big meat eater, occasional meat is fine.
- Tri-tip Salad: Tri-tip (seasoned with paprika, cayenne pepper, tumeric, himalayan salt, garlic), garden lettuce, lemon slices, red onion, avocado, green cabbage, chard, olive oil
D: Took a break tonight and dined out! Because it was a new place, I wasn’t so strict on my diet. If you are on a yeast free diet, mustard and olives in brine are not recommended as they contain vinegar. As well, avoid the breads, like pita.
- Salad with feta, kalamata olives, grilled onions, and mustard dressing
- Hummus and pita