Yields 4 servings (serving size: 6 ounces)
* 2 cups pineapple chunks, frozen
* 2 cups coconut water
Puree pineapple and coconut water in a blender until smooth. Optional: Serve in glass rimmed with shredded coconut.
Cheers to your health:
– Each healthy cocktail has 200 fewer calories than traditional piña colada mix since it contains electrolyte-rich coconut water instead of high calorie coconut milk.
– It contains no added sugar versus the nearly 16 teaspoons of sugar per glass in the original.
– The natural version also has health benefits of three grams of fiber and 80 percent daily requirement of vitamin C.
– Bonus: Pineapple contains an enzyme called “bromelain” which may improve digestion and decrease bloating.