When it comes to our bodies, we can be super hard on ourselves. But unless it is your significant other (or you are a model or something of the sort), no-one else really cares what you look like. What other people really care about is how you treat them.
Your thoughts and words carry power…and that includes the power to help you achieve your health goals or hinder them. So choose them wisely, and be forgiving. To help you get started, I’ve compiled a list of the top ways to tell yourself you are beautiful/handsome, important, worthy, and loved!
- Sing, sing, sing! Singing has been shown to increase happiness, increase energy, and increase the harmony in your life. Try it now!
- Laugh. Watch a funny movie. Spend time with people who make you laugh. Laughing boosts immunity and lowers levels of stress hormones. Fun fact: six year olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day. How many times have you laughed today?
- Wear natural fibers. Try bamboo, cotton, and hemp. They are breathable and feel so good on the skin!
- Drink your water. A hydrated body is a happy body – physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Find some quiet time daily. Journal, meditate, take a leisurely stroll, or simply find a peaceful spot to sit and reflect. When was the last time you were alone with your thoughts?
- Sex. Need I say more?
- Exercise. It raises serotonin levels, boosts endorphins and self-confidence, and creates a leaner and stronger body.
- Spend time in nature. With its warmer weather and longer daylight hours, summer is the perfect time to turn off the tv and step outside. Eat breakfast in the morning sun in your garden, do some star gazing, go canoeing…
- Be thankful and show gratitude. It raises the vibrations in your cells and thus your health, energy, and outlook on life.
- Pamper yourself. Get a massage, pedicure, or manicure.; take a bath; or trade hand and feet massages with your partner.
- Get a good night’s rest. Sleep is when your body heals and recharges. Don’t underestimate the power of sleep.
- Eat lots of vegetables, especially green leafy ones. Greens have more valuable nutrients than any other food group on the planet. They are a life giving force full of easily assimilating amino acids! It’s enough to build the protein that supports the muscle mass of the mighty gorilla and big beefy cow. Chew on that.
- Do something you love!
- Get a health coach. They’ll appreciate you for who you are and keep you honest.
- And last but not least, simply tell yourself, “I love you!” Find what you love about yourself (your talents, your physical traits, your skills) and focus on that. So many times we focus on what’s wrong when everything else about us is perfect. It’s like taking your little thumb to blot out the immense size of the sun. It’s doable, but is it really accurate?