While this recipe still has sugar (in the form of molasses), it is too good to pass up during the holiday season. Bring it to a party or serve it in your home and wow people. They won’t believe it’s gluten free. This bread comes out moist and with an irresistible aroma.
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo bean flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1/2 cup date paste
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Mix flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and fresh ginger in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, date paste, molasses, and coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake on middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes, or until the edges have slightly pulled away from the pan.
- Slightly cool at room temperature in the pan. Slice up and serve while still warm for a tantalizing treat! Or serve with cream cheese for an even more decadent experience!