It may not sound delicious to have a sugar-free and flour-free cake, but this one is…sweet dates, moist almond flour, and of course – chocolate! Eat as is or serve with your favorite frosting!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup date paste
- 2 eggs*
- 1 tb vanilla extract
- Grease cake pan with coconut oil or butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine the date paste, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35 miutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 1 hour. Eat as is or frost with your frosting of choice.
- This cake freezes well. Cut into serving sizes and store for a quick treat. Let defrost before enjoying again.
*vegan option: use 2 tb ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tb water.