This recipe was adapted from the Body Ecology Diet book. The key ingredients are millet- one of the most alkalinizing grains, sweet golden roots and squashes – powerful antioxidants, and coconut oil – healthy fat.
- 1 cup millet
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3-5 carrots, diced*
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 tb organic, unrefined coconut oil (ghee or organic butter works too)
- optional: thyme, rosemary, sage to taste
- If you have the time, soak millet for 8-24 hours. At the very least, rinse your millet.
- In a large pot add millet, water, onion, carrots, and salt.
- Bring water to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until all water is absorbed.
- Fold in coconut oil, and other herbs if desired.
- Give thanks for the abundance and eat!
*Any range of sweet vegetables can be used in this recipe. Try mixing and matching carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, kabocha squash, etc.