Yes, it’s another batch of granola. What can I say – it’s a great go-to on rushed or lazy mornings, or for a quick snack. And granola is so so easy to make.
What I love about this recipe is that it is only sweetened with bananas and apples! Cool, right??
- 1 banana
- 1 apple, cored
- 1/2 cup whole millet
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar free cranberries, raisins or dried apple pieces
- 1 cup shelled and chopped raw walnuts
- In a bowl pour hot water over millet and let sit until softened, 30 minutes (or better yet, soak grains 8 -24 hours).
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine drained millet, oats, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a blender add melted coconut oil, vanilla, banana and apple until pureed.
- Mix blended fruit mix and oat mix together, until oats are well coated.
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet. Bake about 40 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit and walnuts. Once cool, store in airtight container. Keeps well for about 2 weeks.